Friday 26 February 2010

Mappa Sparki


Here is a map of our proposed route.
It was drawn by my colleague Sparkmaster, who doubles as Mission Cartographer.

I'll be starting in the centre of Birmingham, just to the east of the National Indoor Arena, on the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal. Then I'll walk along the whole length of the Birmingham Canal Navigation - all fifteen and five-eighths miles of it - which will take me just past Wolverhampton.

Where the route turns north, I'll be on the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal, which I'll take as far as Penkridge.

Sparkmaster will start on the Trent & Mersey Canal, somewhere in Stoke-on-Trent - we aren't sure exactly where yet. He'll follow that canal to Great Haywood, then turn onto the Staffs & Worcs.

So, with the Birmingham & Fazeley,
Birmingham Canal Navigation, Staffs & Worcs and Trent & Mersey, the number of canals we will walk along comes to four.

Which is where we got the title, "Fourcanal."

If you think that's a witty and memorable, if slightly risqué, title, then the idea was mine. If, on the other hand, you think it's needlessly vulgar, then you should hold Sparky responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment